August 17, 2013

Inter Lacrimas et Lactum (Amidst tears and sadness)

"I shall, if I can, defy this fate, even though there will be times when I shall be the unhappiest of God's creatures ... I will seize Fate by the throat. It will not wholly conquer me! Oh, how beautiful it is to live - and live a thousand times over ! " ~ Ludwig van Beethoven


I know something of happiness

And yet 'twas not discovered with smiles
But suffered through anguished tears

You could not be witness to the affliction

But surely I am bleeding
Upon the mischance of my darkest fears

~   *   ~


What a superficial lover is fate

She warms you with her loving embrace
Then betrays you with a twist as cruel as hate
Leaving you nothing but your hapless life to retrace

~    *    ~


I live only in and for the music

Ever and always the impassioned call of the muses
Echo through my soul, and still I am despaired

By this cursed silence outside my mind

Wandering hand in hand with the demon of envy
Causing more suffering than this malady has impaired

~    *    ~


That which drove me almost to despair

And from my friends forced me to flee
Also inspired a strong conviction to be bared
A cognition fate plainly held, when she kissed me

~    *    ~


I live

I breathe
I bleed
and always . . . I play on



Note: It must be credited to this brilliant artist for not only the inspiration furnished me to write this, but the title of the piece as well.  -- ever does he move and inspire. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...