January 11, 2010

Where I Want To Be Most ~




Not a piece of poetry, but a thought really, that crosses the mind now and again about the place I run to when life becomes too overwhelming to handle.

where I want to be most ...


a place where second chances come more than once
a place I can be who I am and not fear ridicule
a place that values love, compassion and uniqueness more than it does the acquisition of money or power
a place so beautiful it could make angels weep
a place where equality and fairness are sovereign

in short, the place I go when life condemns, scorns and mocks me.
Inside my poetry books.



Life seems less of a trial when immersed inside of words. Whether it is a story, a poem or the lyrics to a song, words that make us feel like we are not alone are the glue that helps hold our conviction together. The emotional equivalent to a hug. :) And we all need more of those.



Enjoy life. Enjoy friends. Enjoy the pure pleasure of words when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...