January 5, 2010

Lark's Song

Perched upon some silent tree
The Lark is singing quietly
Lament for loss of feathered heart
Which sadly tore his soul apart
A song to mirror friendless skies
In hues more blue than bluest eyes
Waking all from fabled sleep
And far more sad than Willow’s weep
Though resonant and kind to ear
It grieved and broke my heart to hear
Listening, the sky turned gray
As dancing sun refused to play
And hid behind the stormy clouds
That cast the gentle earth in shroud
When suddenly the Lark’s song crowned
A note to drown all other sound
Then silence fell with deafening ache
That caused the hardest hearts to break
And as I walked, dark loneliness
Bathed in perfect emptiness
While melancholy reigned supreme
And stripped me from the land of dreams
But I would weather any pain
To hear the sad Lark’s song again


Copyright © roxannegaebel [03 - 26 -2007]

1 comment:

  1. So, did I read this before and just forget or something (Translation, was it on YPDC)? :-)

    It flows so freaking well. Beautiful yet sad. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...