January 5, 2010

Dolphins at Sunset







This was a definite learning experience. I spent a very long time working this over and redoing much of it. It still didn't turn out the way I wanted or envisioned. But so many have expressed appreciation for this, I couldn't ignore sharing it. I'm still learning about colour and how to create motion in my paintings. And as frustrating as it is, I am still loving the learning experience every time I place paint to canvas. Stretching boundaries and finding my niche, so to speak. And I read something recently that made me realize perfection isn't everything.


 "Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything." ~Gustave Flaubert 


Somehow I must learn to be satisfied with less than what I perceive is perfection. To accept and embrace the style that is inherent in my art.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...