December 30, 2009

Farewell

As I let go of the past and tried desperately to muster up courage to face the daemons of my future endeavours,
this was born...

~ * ~ 




Goodbye to indecision
To the philosophy of lets just wait and see
Time has no conscience
It cares not that we squander opportunity
Farewell, my guilt
That strangled-holds my heart
Forgiveness is not a luxury given in the dark,
And meant for others, alone

Goodbye to procrastination

To lazy days of leave it for tomorrow
Only to find that tomorrow becomes a never-do-it infinity
I’ll let you go, commiseration
For compassion need not always be partnered with empathy
Goodbye, control
I can not stop the war
That rages on around me, in spite of my bid or
Every.
Sleepless.
Night.


Be gone self-doubt

You have no power here
And no longer will you feed
Upon unfounded and lonely fear
Goodbye misery
I once called you friend
Knowing now, your darkened light
Was not a means to an end
(And I shall not miss you)

Farewell, farewell

To lonely days, filled with passionate need
I’ll dream, instead of future joy
And leave behind my greed
So long to negative judgement
You, I despise the most
Attacking all the kindnesses
While never looking back
Or laying claim for any destruction
(Evil knows thy name)

Farewell torment ..


hello release ~


~ * ~

copyright © roxannegaebel [11-27-2007]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...