December 9, 2009

Burning Bridges




We could have lived
Unrepaired and broken
Lost in an ancient future
Had words not been spoken

(But a bridge saved
is a bridge unburned)

Pushing through a thickening fog
I leaned to hear the sound
Of a heart that was breaking
And falling madly to the ground

And in this gentle heart I saw
The moments of the past
Of stars that longed to touch the Earth
Of pain that was spreading fast

I turned and saw the bridge we'd built
Was now engulfed in flame
But my heart had since turned to stone
I could but whisper your name

Now in the rubble and charred remains
We stand holding each other's heart
Pulling our song out of the ash
While light spreads over the dark




Copyright © roxannegaebel [12-09-2009]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...