December 9, 2009

Clinging to Blue




Stealing in, you take my time
Even within memory’s break, you linger
Too alone in this midnight clutch
And I am soaked in words unsaid

The darkness racing through these veins

Has faded the light
And I want you to know
Every time I thought of you,
Every time, it made me blue

And I watched outside my window

A spectrum of colour dancing in the wind
Locked from my touch
And I clung to blue
The only range of me and you

Folding over in effort and affection

Life drifted uneasy
Until it escaped around a corner
Out of my sight and lost to motion

Now the stars fill my sky

And my wishes hold the hope
That Blue is not all there is ~



Copyright © roxannegaebel [12-09-2009]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...