December 20, 2009

Ice

There is nothing more cold
than midnight blue casting light
on endless fields of sparkling white
A cold that breaks the breath
letting it fall to the ground in shards

If I could but kiss the frost
that holds your soul
just to tear away the frozen veil
it has placed around your heart-
but there is no way to capture
a death that has already fallen

Always in wait of a hope
to melt the severity of condition
letting waters run down and out
to the endless cold, that is the sea
A need is felt with an ardency that clings;
it settles in the crevices and cracks of life
that refuse to live

Darkness is the only solace;
like a familiar friend it wraps around
both heart and soul in endless night
I press myself to you
with inconsequential and futile belief–
a final effort of consciousness
that desires only warmth

But I am mesmerized by the beauty of the ice   ...



Copyright © roxannegaebel [12-11-2009]






No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...