December 16, 2009

Lookout Point, Eagle's Nest, Bancroft, ON



This was a much larger undertaking than I had originally imagined. I wanted to do something unique for my father for Christmas and since he had requested not to be given very much appreciated, but cluttersome "dust collectors", I decided a painting of his hometown would be a better alternative to a gift card. The mixing of colours just about drove me crazy, but the end result was worth it, I think. I chose the autumn as it is not only my favourtie season, but the number of trees lining the side of the mountain, are more easily observed in full fall colours.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't realize that all this was buried within. It's a pleasure to see it come forth. It is next to impossible to capture the full perspective of this location because of it's range of height. You have done a great job of "a bird's-eye view"! This piece is very much appreciated. Keep up the good work!!
    Love, Dad (& J.)

    ReplyDelete

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...