December 26, 2009

Snowy River


Did this a few weeks ago, but had to wait to post it, because it was a gift. I didn't want to chance the receiver seeing it. This is my first "fight" with painting snow. I never realized how many different shades actually go into giving snow a realistic look. Up to this point, this is the one painting I've had by far the most issues with. I wasn't even sure I liked it much when I finished it, but it has grown on me and I'm learning to let that perfectionist go (slowly). The recipient was very much pleased and that is truly what matters with this one. I'm sure "snow" will become easier to define, the more I paint of it.

1 comment:

  1. Roxanne, I love your work
    I used to live in PH, am much older than you
    Saw your stuff on Jenn's FB
    Dianne Kokkinos ( Bailey)

    ReplyDelete

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...