December 9, 2009

A Heart Devoured




Black swarms my air and I am left inside of darkness
While an incessant chirp creeps outside my room
I slam shut my eyes, eager to close you from my mind
Eager to hide in the deepest part of gloom


and then it begins ...


There is a demon who knows me by name
He knows my heart; all my suffering and shame
In lightness his deathly grip cannot seek my soul
But when midnight falls, I am his purpose; his goal
Then fear fills the room, like molasses down walls
And there is no escape as my resolution falls

I feel his tight grip, suffocating hope
As courage and conviction stumble and choke
Till all that I'm left with is heartache and pain
Two sniveling parasites that rule my domain
A scream breaks my silence but to no avail
His fangs already grip my futile assail

And here in the dark where essence drips red
There is no small comfort in this dark dreary bed
Like a bloody streak down your spineless fear
The darkness swarms inside of death's tear
Sentenced in gloom that's sealed by misdoubt
As night after night it eats my heart out



Copyright © roxannegaebel [12-09-2009]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas 2018

These are quick paintings I completed the week before Christmas for friends and family members. I shall know next year to start earlier (whe...